In recent years, researchers and medical practitioners alike have taken interest in a particular molecule known to be the master regulator of cellular metabolism — nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+).
NAD+ is a ubiquitous coenzyme involved in hundreds of metabolic processes, including: mitochondrial energy production, glycolysis, and DNA synthesis and repair. It also plays a vital role in supporting key elements of the innate immune response.
Join Dr. Chris Meletis, a naturopathic physician, educator, international author and lecturer, to review the latest peer-review literature demonstrating how bolstering the NAD metabolome with dietary precursors has great potential to help us stay resilient to metabolic stress, and over time, add health to years.
By the end of this session, attendees will be more adept at:
- Discussing factors that contribute to metabolic stress and dysregulation of important metabolic processes.
- Explaining how increasing NAD+ can help maintain resilience against metabolic stressors.
- Describing the role of NAD+ in the innate immune response.
- Sharing data on modern NAD+ precursors and how each work to boost NAD+ levels.
- Using Niagen® nicotinamide riboside as a tool to support healthy mitochondrial function in patients.
NOTE: This Presentation is Intended for Licensed Healthcare Practitioners Only
Sponsored by TruNiagen
Chris D. Meletis, ND is a naturopathic physician, educator, international author, and lecturer for 26 years. He has written over a dozen books and in excess of 200 scientific aarticles in publications such as Natural Health, Alternative and Complementary Therapies, Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, Life Extension, Natural Pharmacy and the Journal of Restorative Medicine. Dr. Meletis served as Dean of Naturopathic Medicine and Chief Medical Officer for 7 years at National University of Naturopathic Medicine, the oldest naturopathic medical school in North America. He has received numerous awards including, Physician of the Year by the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.